IceHorse

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Touch down 7:33AM

(image still in phone)

it's cold and windy on the tarmac. A group of 40 of us are loaded into a tour bus. This looks like the alternative to a taxi. 1100 kronar (sounds like klingon to me) will take me the 40 km to my hotel. That's about $13US. Not bad I guess. Abouts what the travel guide noted. Looks like the sun is coming up in a non-specific zone on the eastern horizon. Not much out here by the airport. Mostly industrial buildings and oddly shaped mountains in the distance. Hard to discern any details in the low light. The hiway is well lit and I can clearly make out the trail of tightly spaced streetlights leading off over the hills ahead. Everyone is quiet on the bus. Someone is complaining about the rude driver. I think he's fine. Just matter of fact. The change in environment leaving the airport was enough to cause people to head back in causing a cluster at the exit. Luckily I packed a warm pile pullover for easy access. I was hoping for airlocks myself. I've always wanted to go to the moon or mars and was hoping this would be the next best thing. Bring it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home